Sunday, February 1, 2015

Photograph - (coffee in Seoul, 2008)


"Gotta Love Those Super Bowl Commercials"

I am not a big fan of the Super Bowl, unless my team is winning. I know I scored points with a lot of folks already. I admit, I am a fair weather sports friend. But I am excited about watching the game in 2015. I am motivated by the ads, and not just any ads. I received notice from a former colleague that her daughter would be featured in a Super Bowl commercial. Who wouldn't watch the Super Bowl for THAT! I would not miss it for the world! I like this commercial because it is featuring people.

 These people, the father, mother, and others in society who support those with special needs are worth me watching the Super Bowl, despite the fact I only watch my own team. Having been a special education teacher for over seven years, I LOVE to see society celebrating those with special abilities. Jessica Markle is one of those special people. I could never do the job she does. She works in a factory assembling parts for windows...and she is blind. That is truly a special ability. Apparently more than a few people thought she was special too. Jessica does a lot more than just help to make windows, she is amazing in so may ways. Her positive attitude about life is pretty obvious and it shows, with the big smile on her face...all the time!

 Ordinary people with special abilities are changing the world, one action at a time. 


Here is another great video of a someone with special needs living her dreams...Madison Tevlin, a twelve year old girl with Down Syndrome can be seen singing John Legend's "All of Me".

"Super Bowl" Soul February 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment